The Adult/Child Advocate provides assessment and counseling to children in a shelter for domestic violence victims. Coordinates psycho educational activities for children through play, music, art, or other expressive therapeutic techniques. Assesses and counsels parents and makes referrals for services. Identifies and develops linkages with community resources. Represents agency at speaking engagements, community events, local schools, taskforces, etc. Functions as part of team to provide crisis line counseling, intake, and crisis intervention services.
Full-time position. Afternoon/evening schedule (not overnight) required. Salary 30-33K depending on experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Psychology, Sociology, Childhood Development, or related field
• Two years of professional or internship experience working with children affected by violence or abuse
• Flexible schedule that can adapt to needs of an emergency shelter program
• Demonstrated capacity for teamwork
• Excellent communication and computer skills
Position is open until filled.
Email, fax, or mail resumé and cover letter to:
My Sister’s House, Inc.
PO Box 77171
N. Charleston SC, 29415
Attn: Director of Program Services